BOUT++ is open source under the Lesser General Public License (LGPL), and is available on github.
Several versions are available, and can be downloaded as a zip/tar file or using Git.
Most users are advised to use the latest stable version.
If you need some recently added feature then you may need to use the development version,
though you will run the risk of occasionally getting broken code.
The latest release is always available from here.
Previous releases are available:
- Version 4.3.0, was released 25th October 2017.
- Version 4.2.3, was released 23rd October 2017.
- Version 4.2.2, was released 1st March 2019.
- Version 4.2.1, was released 23rd January 2019.
- Version 4.2.0, was released 17th October 2018.
- Version 4.1.2, was released 1st December 2017.
- Version 4.1.1, was released 18th October 2017.
- Version 4.1.0, was released 22nd September 2017.
- Version 4.0.1, was released 22nd September 2017.
- Version 4.0.0, was released 4th February 2017.
- Version 3.1, was released 31st January 2017.
- Version 3.0, prepared for the 2015 BOUT++ workshop
- Version 2.1, was released 4th December 2015
- Version 2.0, prepared for the 2013 BOUT++ workshop
- Version 1.0, prepared for the 2011 BOUT++ workshop
- The development version contains the latest public changes,
and may be broken occasionally as features are added or modified